Video marketing has become increasingly important in a business’s content marketing strategy in recent years, and that is only set to continue.
Due to its efficiency in attracting attention, the likes of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media platforms are pushing for more and more video content. It is therefore no surprise that websites that incorporate video rank well in searches.
Good quality, relevant video content boosts your search engine rankings, it’s as simple as that. This in turn drives more traffic to your site - but not only is it the search rankings that help: it is a fact that video posts get more engagement from audiences than a static post, therefore a better chance of them visiting your site from your video.
So what do these videos need to improve brand engagement? Well for starters, videos need to do two things - they need to educate the audience on your product or service, and they need to engage the audience by showing your personality.
Here are 7 simple tips for creating efficient video content marketing:
- Grab their attention quickly – hooking your viewers is key; in fact you have less than 10 seconds to make them decide whether they continue watching.
- Give the audience value – this can be either knowledge or entertainment, if you can do both, that’s even better.
- Use more than one platform – while YouTube is the obvious platform, utilising Facebook video and/or Instagram will give you greater reach.
- Be consistent with your style – your brand’s look and design, as well as its personality, needs to be consistent in each video. This reinforces your position in the market and your message.
- Quality – using HD video is far more pleasant and appealing to watch as opposed to a low-definition image with poor sound quality.
- Silence isn’t always golden – remember Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram videos play without sound initially, so subtitles can be a good option.
- Call to action - while you don’t want to come across as pushy, it is just common business sense to encourage viewers to engage and visit your website.
So the take away from all this? Utilising video will enhance your search engine rankings, it will increase engagement, and it will strengthen your brand in the vast ocean that is the digital space.
For more detail on growing your business, talk to one of our talented Business Growth Managers now.