Online advertising – display, classified and search - in Australia surged 24% last year to reach $5.9 billion in value throughout 2015.
The growth, reported by the Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB) and Price Waterhouse Cooper’s (PwC) in their online advertising expenditure report, marks yet another year the industry has achieved double digital year-on-year growth of at least 21% since 2010.
• Mobile advertising up 81% on 2014 figures. 65% of spend is on smartphones and 35% on tablets.
• Video advertising up 75% for the year.
• General Display advertising up 46%.
• Classified advertising increased 22%.
• Search and Directories recorded 14% growth.
When the IAB first started recording online ad expenditure just nine years ago it was at $1.3 billion and today it is poised to break the $6 billion barrier.
Retail, Real Estate and Motor Vehicles continue to dominate the General Display share of advertising.
• Real Estate posted the largest gain of share, growing 12.2% in 2015.
• Motor Vehicle advertising slipped slightly with 17.2% of General Display dollars.
• Retail maintained its share at 10.1%.
Is your overall marketing budget adapting to focus on digital marketing? If you would like some advice with your overall marketing budget and indeed your digital strategy, contact our Sydney office;
02 9098 8209 or firstname.lastname@example.org.